David Rowland’s 40/4 chair is the most significant chair design of the past 50 years. Over 8 million chairs have been sold since its introduction in 1964. Renowned for its unsurpassed stacking ability. 25 of these chairs stack 70 inches high. This chair has a round sled frame made from solid steel rod and features armrest linking for easy ganging of chairs. Seat back and armrests are made from wood veneer. The seating surfaces are upholstered in fabric or leather from a large selection of fabric grades and styles. Frame is available in five colors.
- Chair Dimensions: 30.5″H x 19.3” x20.9”D
- Armrest and Seat Back Material: Wood Veneer (Beech or Oak)
- Seat Material: Fabric or Leather
- Seat Thickness: 0.22”- 0.39”
- Back Thickness: 0.26”- 0.39”
- Frame: Ø0.43” steel rod
- Frame Type: Armrest Linking